Tend includes several features to help to update and adjust your crop plan:
Live Edit: To easily change planting dates and growing/harvest windows, click on the Live Edit button in the upper left hand corner of the screen.
- This feature allows you to adjust the timing of a planting by clicking and dragging key points along the bar which represents the planting on the timegraph.
- Clicking in the middle of the bar will move the entire planting backwards or forwards along the timegraph, maintaining the days in GH, DTM and harvest window.
- Dragging the dot at the left end of the bar for a GH sow planting will increase or decrease the number of days in the greenhouse.
- Dragging the right end of the bar will increase or decrease the harvest window (dark section of the bar)
- After you’ve made changes click Save to keep the changes. See the brief video below for an example of how this works.
Assigning Plantings to Beds
A great way to quickly and efficiently update your crop plan bed assignments or to simply assign plantings to beds is the live edit feature in the Plantings by location view.
First click the field icon:
Then open the unassigned plantings tab:
Next, Click "Live Edit":
Now you can have fun updating your plantings but be sure to Click and hold outside of the time-graph to select the planting you want to drag to a bed.
See the video below:
Batch/Bulk Edit: To quickly make changes to multiple plantings at the same time you can use the Edit feature to set new values for planting details. First select plantings by checking the box to the left of each planting, then click on the Edit button to open the Edit Plantings window where you can make the following changes. See the help article on Bulk Edit for more information.
Delete: To delete one or more plantings from the main screen, select plantings by checking the box to the left of the planting and clicking the Delete button.
Duplicate: To duplicate one or more plantings, select plantings by checking the box to the left of the planting and clicking the Duplicate button. See the help article on Duplicating Plantings for further information.
Quick Assign/Unassign plantings from main screen: In the “Beds” option for the Plantings by Location view you can directly assign plantings to specific beds or unassign plantings from a location by clicking on the “...” icon in the Crop column.
In the All Plantings view or the “Crops” option for the Plantings by Location View you can assign plantings to a field (not a specific bed), unassign from a location, or assign to a different location by clicking on the “...” icon in the Location column.