Many farms grow and sell microgreens as part of their operation. An important part of producing your microgreens is being able to create a plan for their production. in Tend you can do just that.
As part of many crops in Tend there is an option to select a harvest stage of Microgreens. When you select to harvest the crop as a Microgreen then the planting details will update to allow you to plan by the number of flats or pots you want to produce.
Once you've created microgreen plantings you'll be able to differentiate them from your standard plantings, so that you're sure to be organized. To assist you with this Tend has added a new crop planner sort option to filter your plan to only display microgreen plantings.
To create a Microgreen planting, follow the steps below:
For a new planting
- Click Crop Plan
- Click Add Plantings
- Enter the relevant planting information.
- For planting method, select greenhouse sow from the drop-down. Please Note: Microgreen will not display if another planting method is selected.
- Once you get to harvest stage click the drop-down and select microgreen
- Complete the information and click create
For an existing planting
- Click Crop Plan
- Click on a planting you'd like to edit
- Once the plant detail screen is displayed, scroll down to Harvest stage
- Click on the drop-down and select Microgreen
- The planting dates will update accordingly
- Click Save
Planning microgreens by seed weight per flat:
- To plan your microgreens by the seed weight per flat simply check that option and define the values you use on your farm
A few notes about microgreens:
- Microgreen units are measured in the number of flats/pots and not in feet.
- If you don't see microgreens as a harvest stage option, it's because we hadn't thought of it yet for that plant type. Please contact us and we'll get it added!
- Once your microgreens are added you can filter your crop plan accordingly.
- Microgreens plantings are not factored into the Crop distribution report. This is due to microgreen plantings having a planting amount unit of flats/pots we are unable to convert back to a bed ft. or row ft unit.
- If there are other steps or tasks you consistently take to produce microgreen plantings, we suggest creating a task template and linking those tasks to your sowing or harvest date.
- For example, if you soak your seeds the same day you sow and don't want to forget, then simply create a "Soaking" template.