Add potting up dates to track your plant’s full lifecycle in the greenhouse.
With our potting up feature you can add details to your greenhouse management. This feature is perfect for operations that pot up plants before transplanting and operations that sell seedlings or host plant sales.
Regardless of your need, we'll explain how to use the feature below. This feature integrates seamlessly with your task list and records log.
How to use the Potting Up Feature
To include a potting up activity, follow the instructions.
For new plantings:
1. Click on your Crop plan
2. Click on "Add Plantings," select your crop and click create
3. Under planting dates, click "+ Add Potting up date" and enter the amount of days between the GH start date and when you'd like to pot up your plants. Please note, the days to maturity and days in GH don't change based on this potting up. Furthermore, you can only add a maximum of 3 potting up dates.
4. For each potting up activity you add you can specify flat/pot type and plants per cell/pot. With this information, Tend will help calculate the number of pots needed and include it in your greenhouse total flat/pot types across time graph.
5. When you have completed the information, click create
For existing plantings
Click on the crop name and the edit screen will appear. Follow the same steps as above to add a potting up task.
Once you add potting up, the task is automatically added to your task list and appears as a dot on your crop plan time graph
Adding bulk edit items retroactively
You can bulk-add potting up dates to existing plantings by using the bulk edit feature. Please note you can only edit plantings that already have potting up information included.
How are dates calculated?
Learn more about potting up date interactions in the dates in Tend help document.
Learn how potting up dates are impacted when you duplicate plantings here.
- Right now, task templates cannot be linked to potting up dates.
- When you’re editing an existing planting by adding a potting up date to it, and both the greenhouse sow and my potting up dates are before Today, you cannot edit the days to potting up field. The reason is that Tend helps keep your data accurate by restricting how some dates in the past can be edited. If a planting date is in the past, or a planting task in the past is completed, you’ll need to update the dates or un-complete the potting up task in order to manually update the days to potting up. Note that the days to potting up will update automatically when you change the potting up date.