Learn how to successfully manage your planting's field assignments using our mobile app.
We'll cover the following two key components in this document:
- How to assign your plantings to beds and edit existing plantings, so that you can successfully update your fields on the go.
- Reviewing how the feature works so you can navigate with a full understanding of how to get the most out of it.
Assigning your plantings to beds using the mobile app
To assign a planting to a field you'll first need to select the planting you wish to assign, or if you know the field you want to assign the planting to you can go to the Locations feature and select the field.
From the locations:
From planting detail:
- When you tap the more icon to edit the planting amount you are only editing the planting amount of the bed you selected e.g.If your planting is assigned to three beds and you select the more icon in bed 1 and edit the planting amount it is only editing the planting amount for bed 1.
- There is no warning that you have over planned a specific bed e.g.If you add two plantings to the same bed and their combined planting amount is more than the bed can handle: there will not be a warning to notify you are over planned.
Editing existing planting already assigned to fields
When you're in the field and need to update the planting assignments of a planting there are a couple of ways you can do this. You can do so by finding the planting via the Crops feature and then editing the field assignment or you can go to the field it is assigned to and un-assign it.
Editing from the planting detail:
From the field:
Review of additional functions of the new locations feature:
We'll cover how to use this feature so that you get the most out of managing your field assignments in the mobile app
Reviewing past and future planting assignments in a field:
- Tapping the arrows in the left or right will move the time graph by three months and will load plantings as they appear in the past or future. This is a great way to review crop rotation info when making a decision about where to assign a planting.
Quickly access plantings from within a field:
- When you need to access a planting in a field that has a large number of plantings, you can select the "Crops" tab instead of scrolling through all of the beds.