When you edit your fields by either removing a field, beds or reducing a bed length your planting assignment data may be affected. This is a known concern and we plan to address it. To help us create the right solution please send us your feedback in this survey.
How is my data affected when I remove a field, a bed or reduce a bed length?
When reducing the bed lengths of a field
- When there are plantings that have been assigned to the reduced beds in the past or currently assigned:
- In this case, the plantings will have their planting amounts reduced. e.g. Planting A was assigned to Bed 1 which is 100 ft long > Bed 1 is edited to 80 ft long > Planting A will have it's planting amount reduced by 20 ft regardless of when it was grown.
When removing a field or bed from a field
- Removing a field:
- All plantings that have ever been assigned to the field will become unassigned
- Removing a bed:
- Similar to reducing bed lengths, any plantings that have been assigned in the past or are currently assigned will become unassigned from the beds that are removed.
- e.g. Planting B was assigned to Beds 1 & 2 both with a length of 100 ft > Bed 1 is removed and all other beds will move up one number (Bed 2 becomes the new Bed 1 etc. ) > Planting B has it's planting amount reduced by 100 ft and is assigned to Bed 1 (the old Bed 2)