Tend gives you two options when adding plantings to your Crop Plan:
- Add a single planting, as in the example below:
- Or, to save time in data entry, you can add multiple plantings of a crop or variety in one step. In the example below, we are adding 5 plantings spaced 4 weeks apart.
Once these plantings are added to your Crop Plan, they will function independently of each other and can be modified individually.
Tend Tip: You’ll notice that when you add one planting at a time, you can assign the planting to a specific field or bed right away by clicking the “Select location” option.
This option is not available when adding multiple plantings at one time. To assign these plantings to Locations, add them to your Crop Plan and navigate to the Plantings by Location View, where you can find the plantings in the All Unassigned Panel and assign them to specific beds.
Working with single and multiple plantings in Tend
You can always edit an individual planting by clicking on it anywhere in Tend to open the planting details screen, where you can make any edits you like.
To help you save time when you need to make the same change to multiple plantings, we created the Bulk Edit tool, which enables you to quickly edit multiple plantings at once.
To use the Bulk Edit Tool:
1. Navigate to the Crop Plan Feature.
2. Make sure you’re in either the All Plantings View or Greenhouse Plantings View (Bulk Edit is not available in the Plantings by Location View).
3. Select the check box next to each planting you want to edit.
4. Then click on the Bulk Edit button.
5. Select which planting detail you want to edit.
6. Make your changes/Enter the new values.
7. Then just hit “update,” and your edits will be saved in your Crop Plan!
You can streamline your Crop Planning in Tend by adding all of your planting successions for a certain Crop or variety for the entire season all at once. Then, using the Bulk Edit tool, you can go into your Crop Plan and add in production details like adjustments to the planting timing or planting amount across the season.