This article includes:
- Setting Up Your Online Store
- “Opening” Your Online Store
- Live Editing Your Online Store
- Managing Orders
Setting Up Your Online Store
To access your Online Store:
1. Select the Grow Icon to open the Navigation Bar
2. Select "Online Stores".
3. Follow the prompts on the screen to authorize Square to collect payments in your Store. If you don’t have a Square account, you can sign up for one now. The authorization process will just take a few minutes.
4. Double click on your Online Store to start preparing your products for sale.
5. By default, your Store’s name is “Online Store.” To customize your Store, just click into the text box and type in your preferred name.
6. You’ll notice that the Store is currently “Disabled.” This means that your store is offline while you get set up and manage things behind the scenes.
Tend Tip: When your store is disabled, anyone visiting your store URL will see a message indicating that the farm cannot be found. You might choose to disable your Store during periods when you aren’t selling any products or when you plan to do some extensive behind the scenes store organizing. Otherwise, it's fine to leave your Online Store enabled. You'll control when customers can and can't make purchases by setting your Store's order windows.
8. Indicate which pickup/delivery options are available for each delivery day. These options will appear in a drop down menu for your customers to choose from at check out.
9. Select the “Add another” option to create more order windows and delivery days for the week as needed.
10. Select "Done" to finish editing your order windows.
11. If you would like to establish a minimum order per customer, you can do so here.
12. Write a message that will be posted for your customers to view as they shop in your Online Store. Updating the message field for each order window enables you to share relevant information with customers in real time. This message will also be included in the confirmation email each customer receives after check out.
13. Select "Update" to save your changes to your Online Store.
“Opening” Your Online Store
When you’re ready to open up your Store for sales, first make sure the Store is “Enabled” and your message is up to date with any information shoppers in the upcoming order window need to know. Then prepare your Store for business by indicating which items will be available for purchase.
For each product you’re planning to sell in the upcoming order window:
14. Update unit prices as needed.
15. Set your total sales limit for each product unit to reflect what you have available to sell.
16. Check the “Show” box to confirm that the particular product unit should be made available for customers to buy in the store during the upcoming order window.
17. When your Store is ready to open, you can use the “View Store” button to see what your store will look like to your shoppers.
18. If you need to make any additional changes to your Store, click on the settings icon to return to your Farm Listing and make your updates.
During your order window, customers who visit your Store URL will be able to browse items and add them to their shopping cart. At check out, they’ll select their desired pickup or delivery option, enter a delivery address (if applicable), and pay for their purchases with a credit card.
After check out, you and your customer will both receive a confirmation email with an itemized list of the purchases, your farm’s contact information, the customer's selected pickup or delivery location and date, and a copy of the message posted in your store.
Tend Tip: It’s important to make sure your customers have your Online Store's URL (share it over social media, email, or on your website) and that they understand when your store’s order windows are open. Once the order window closes, visitors to your store will see a message that your Store is closed. Customers will be able to visit your “About Us” page, but they won't be able to make any purchases.
If you disable your Online Store after the order window closes, your customers will see the “Store Not Found” message.
A Note on Updating Your Store During Order Windows:
Any changes you make to your Online Store during an open order window will result in live updates to your Store while customers are shopping. This includes updates to messages, prices, products shown in the store, and product availability limits.
It’s important to keep in mind that making live changes to prices, offered products, and product availability limits could be problematic if a change goes into effect while a customer is paying for their order. The customer may not end up paying the updated price, or they may purchase the last of a product at the same moment that you lower its limit, resulting in order fulfillment challenges.
We recommend you set your store up the way you want it prior to the order window opening time to reduce the risk of customer confusion or the need to issue refunds for undelivered products.
After an order window closes, you can manage the orders placed in your Online Store in two places:
1. In the Orders feature, you have access to a full list of all the orders placed in your store. You can select a specific order to see a full-detail breakdown of the items purchased, order total, customer information, and any messages left by the customer during check out.
2. The Download tool in the Online Store feature enables you to export:
- A CSV file containing:
- Pick and pack lists based on your orders
- Delivery details (customer names, addresses, etc.)
- A PDF file of pack slips for each order
Coming soon: Once the Pick & Pack Feature is released, all orders from your Online Store will flow into one control center for seamlessly managing your harvest, packing, and record keeping workflows.