Your Catalog is the list of all the items you sell on your farm, the units you sell them in, and their prices per unit. Once your Catalog is set up, you’ll use it to quickly indicate what is available for customers to buy in your Online Store during each order window.
Before You Get Started
To save time entering product items into your Catalog, make sure you have added at least one planting of each crop that you want to sell in your Store to your Crop Plan for the current year.
Your Crop Plan does not need to be finalized or perfect at this point. The goal is just to tell Tend what you’re planning on growing and selling for the season, so you can quickly bring that information over from your Crop Plan into your Catalog.
Setting Up Your Catalog
Step 1: Bring Over Crops and Varieties from Your Crop Plan
To access your Catalog:
- Click on the Grow icon to open the main navigation bar.
- Select “Catalog”.
To get started, you’ll use the plantings from your Crop Plan for the current year to create your first Catalog items. Your Catalog will be automatically populated with a list of items based on your planned crops for the season.
Step 2: Update Product Units and Other Details
Double click on a product to open the Catalog Detail screen, where you’ll enter the specifics for how each product will be presented and sold to customers in your Store.
Information highlighted in green in the image below will be visible to customers as they shop.
3. Enter the Item Name you want displayed in your Store.
4. Select the Category the item belongs to. This helps organize your Store, so customers can quickly find what they're looking for.
5. Indicate whether you will be collecting tax for the item. You can set the tax rate in your Farm Listing settings.
6. Upload a display image to help your item standout on the “shelf.” This image will replace the default thumbnail currently displayed in your Catalog and Store.
7. Specify the units in which you pack and sell the Catalog item. Make whichever unit you sell most frequently your “Default unit” to save time on data entry.
Back in the Catalog home screen, you’ll add specific prices for each unit. Later, when you prepare to open your Store for sales, you’ll select which units are available for your customers to purchase during the upcoming order window.
8. Enter any applicable SKU numbers for your product.
9. Link Catalog items to varieties in your Crop Plan by selecting the “Link now’ option. This will help you create more detailed pick lists and sales reports.
10. Click “Save” in the top right corner to update your Catalog Item.
Step 3: Set Product Prices per Unit
Back in the Catalog home screen, you’ll see that your products have been updated to display any changes.
11. Set your prices by clicking into the “Online Store” column and entering your retail price for each product packing unit. These prices will be displayed in your Store whenever you indicate that particular product unit will be available for sale during an order window.
Tend Tip: Prices can also be adjusted within the Online Store Feature before or during an order window.
Step 4: Add Any Other Products to Your Catalog
You can add new items to your Catalog at any time.
12. Click the “Add Product” button and select the kind of item you want to create from the drop down menu.
13. For Produce items, you can select from or search a list of the crops in your Crop Plan for the current year to add the product to your Catalog.
When you select “Eggs”, “Meat”, or “Other” items from the "Add Product" drop down menu, you’ll be directed straight to the Catalog detail screen to enter your new Product’s information. Follow the steps above to edit your new Catalog item and set your price.
Step 5: Manage Your Catalog
15. To delete an item from your Catalog, select the check box to the left of the item and click on the delete icon.
16. Customize the information displayed in your Catalog by applying filters or specifying which data columns you want to view.
Now that your Catalog is set up, you’re ready to head over to the Online Store feature, where you’ll select which products are available for purchase and open up your Store to customers.