Tend differs from typical online store software in that it is optimized for from-farm fresh produce sales and enables you to specify order and delivery windows for your farm.
How it works
- Each delivery day has an order window that precedes it
- Order windows cannot overlap
- You set which pickup/delivery options are available per delivery day
You'd like to give your customer these options to choose from:
- Thursday: Deliveries
- Friday: Farmers market pick-up
- Saturday: On-farm pickup
How to do it
1. Create your pickup and delivery options in the "Checkout" section of your Farm Listing.
- Be sure to check the "Delivery Address" box for your delivery options. This will enable you to collect customers' delivery address information at checkout.
- If you need to share any additional details with customers for a particular pickup/delivery option, check the "Instructions" box and enter the information they need to know.
2. Set up order windows for each delivery day in the Online Store feature.
- Note that because order windows can't overlap, the order window for the Friday delivery day is restricted to Thursday, and the order window for the Saturday delivery day is restricted to Friday.
- You'll select which pickup/delivery options are available for each order window and its associated delivery day. In this scenario, we're only providing one option per delivery day, but you could provide customers with several options as needed. Customers will then select from the available options at check out.
3. Write a message to share with your customers in the Online Store panel. This message will be displayed in your store. This is a great place to remind customers of which delivery and pickup options will be available for the current order window.