You have to have an active Tend account.
Your My Crops has been setup.
You have created some plantings in your Crop Planner.
You have created some Catalog items and linked them to corresponding Crops.
If you have already integrated your Tend Online Store with Square and would like to switch to Shopify, follow the steps mentioned below to disconnect from Square.
Disconnecting your online store
Go to your Farm Listing page on Tend website, Settings >> Farm Listings
Click on the “Disconnect” button next to your current Online store URL section.
If your current store is open, you’ll see a dialog asking for your confirmation. Click the “Disconnect Store” button on this dialog to close and disconnect it from Tend.
Once done, you’re ready to connect Tend to your Shopify store.
Setup Shopify as your Online Store in Tend
1. Click the Online stores menu item on your main navigation menu on the left.
2. Click on the Online Store row to open the store configuration panel.
3- 4. Set up your farm store’s Order Window, product price, limit, and select to show at least 1 product on your store.
See how to set up your Tend online store here https://tend-com.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/360008590391-Online-Store
6. Click the Connect button on the Shopify box then follow instructions on your monitor screen to connect Tend to your Shopify store.
The next steps below will be done on your Shopify admin dashboard after you successfully login to your Shopify account.
Go to your Shopify store admin dashboard. <store URL>/admin, example: https://benj1502.myshopify.com/admin
These below are the steps you will perform on your Shopify store admin dashboard.
1. Click the App menu on the left panel to access your Shopify Store Application Management Page, example: https://benj1502.myshopify.com/admin/apps
2. Click the “Manage private apps” link at the bottom of that page, or copy and paste this URL to your browser (remember to replace <store_url> with your store URL): https://<store_url>/admin/apps/private
3. Enable the private app development mode by clicking on the corresponding button then confirm that you acknowledge Shopify notice by checking all the boxes on the following screen and click “Enable private app development” button.
- After acknowledging Shopify’s notice, you’ll be taken back to the Apps dashboard. Now, click the “Create new private app” button on this page, or paste this URL to your browser (remember to replace <store_url> with your shopify store URL): https://<store_url>.myshopify.com/admin/apps/private/new
Manually enter the below information into the “Private app name” and “Emergency developer email” fields
Private app name: Tend Smart Farm
Emergency developer email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admin API
- Then, at the same Admin API section, click on the “Show inactive Admin API permissions” hyperlink
- This will display a list of additional API permission configuration. Let's set their permission following what displayed below, this is pretty long so bear with us here.
- Storefront API
- Note: The "Storefront API Permissions" section will only appear after you check the "Allow this app to access your storefront data using the Storefront API" box.
- Check all the boxes to give Tend full permission as we need them in order to be able to perform the synchronization between your Tend online store and your Shopify store.
- Storefront API
5. When done, hit "Save" button and you will notice there is an “Admin API” section generated. This is the information you’ll need to provide Tend in the following steps so let’s leave this screen open.
Finishing the integration
Now that you have created the token to authorize Tend private application to connect with your Shopify store, go back to the Tend website.
You should see a “Shopify” dialog with fields similar to what you see on your Shopify Admin API section.
Copy all of those generated token information into corresponding fields of the “Shopify” dialog and click Save.
Note: you only need to enter the "name" part of your Shopify store URL into the "Store URL" box.
7. If you see the successful dialog below, your Shopify store has been connected successfully, Tend private application has been authorized to connect and send products you created on Tend's Catalog feature to your Shopify store, also it'll now be able to take orders placed on your Shopify store to display on Tend and add ordered products into correspondent Pick & Pack list.
8. Verify the synchronization after finishing authentication:
Open your Shopify Product management page, <storeURL>/admin/products, example: https://benj1502.myshopify.com/admin/products
Remember the catalog items you created on Tend website|Catalog feature before integrating with Shopify? You should start to see them being displayed here in 5 minutes (after finishing the integration).